Sunday, February 1, 2015

snow day! (First ever!!)

It was supposed to be Amara's first day back after the Winter break--a tuesday, and we were slated to get some snow and ice (not to mention super low temps) and sure enough we did. Thinking that there would never ever be another "first snow day" for Amara, we decided to make an event out of it, take the day off, and celebrate and play altogether.
We bundled up, Eric grabbed the sleds, and we headed up to a smaller hill in town. We were alone and the first to blaze the trails, so we got started making paths. The girls were doing amazing! No crying, even when they got some fluffy snow in the faces, had to empty snow out of gloves a time or two, but I was so impressed!

Eric went down with them a time or two also--and that (my idea) wasn't the best. I think the snow was too powdery and they all just took on too much snow--but they all popped up, dusted off and headed right back out there.

After a while, we hopped in the car and I surprised the girls again by heading to pizza hut! what?! lunch IN a restaurant in the middle of the day? They had sprite, ordered cheese bread, Cora had to wear my gloves as socks on her feet to stay warm, but we loved and enjoyed every second of it. 

I hope somewhere in the back of Amara's mind she remembers her first snow day with her family and has the same fond memories I know Eric and I do from that random but super special day. 

No comments: