Friday, February 20, 2015

Mommy-Cora day

Love LOVE my mommy-girl days! Started them with Amara when she was three, so it seemed only fitting to start with Cora when she was three--although they are VERY different ladies with very different ideas of how to spend their days, but I love them both for sure!  
Cora and I hit up Chik-fil-a for breakfast and some play time first. There were a few other kids there, but we quickly moved on to our next outing.
Build-a-bear! And we made an Elsa, and she SINGS :) I am pretty sure this was Cora's first solo trip there, so we really had fun taking our time. Cora is much more a take-your-time, gal than Amara, so I (again, selfishly) get to enjoy both.

Next stop the Chiller Ice rink and a special skate lesson with coach Kristin! She was great (well both) and loved it and looked amazing and was having a blast. Kristin was great with her and whether this ends up being Cora's thing or not, she was smiling ear-to-ear the entire time. What a magical moment with her.

We zoomed over to Dublin to pick up cookies for Cora's bday party and also decided to head to Whole Foods for lunch. Cora picked her favorite foods, from watermelon to mac and cheese, pizza, fruit punch and one solitary chocolate macaroon for dessert (she picked green for me). We picked up a few other goodies in our trip too, but shopping and eating there with her was just a delight. 

Making our way back south we stopped at the popcorn factory for my girl who LOVES popcorn any time of day or day of the week. She tried cherry, blue raspberry, vanilla, and a few others, but in the end we brought home plain, cheese, and a TINY bag of watermelon--just because.
We picked up Carissa's daughter Hannah who had arranged a horse-riding outing adventure for her, to wrap the day. We went to Wounded Aarow range, really close to our house) and had a great time! Cora played with kittens, goats, chickens, and had a nice horse lesson too. Hannah even let Cora use her awesome pink helmet.

I know I could do Mommy-Cora day any day of the year with this doll and never get tired of it, but I guess big-all-day-blowouts like this are pretty awesome too. Guess I better get cracking planning the next one, now that I have two ladies to plan for, huh~?

No comments: