Sunday, February 28, 2010

Newest COSI family!











I can't believe we didn't do this sooner! That was pretty much the phrase I kept mumbling to myself over, and over, and over again. I had told myself that COSI was really for older kids--and frankly, I can't tell you the last time I was there--so in my defense, I plead ignorance...

...well, a friend from Amara's music class (well, his dad) and my mom were talking last week about classes they go to, from time to time. That got me looking at their website, and one thing led to another, and Eric and I decided to take Amara to COSI today.

They don't open until noon on Sunday--so it worked out ok for us. Around 2:30, when Amara got up, we all got ready, dressed and out the door. We hit McD's on the way up--since lunch was kind of skipped--Amara usually doesn't eat much right after eating, but we thought we'd have something for her, for a quick bite.

Upon entering, the amazement on Amara's face answered any questions about "becoming members" we may have had. The neon lights, kids everywhere, unicyclist overhead, etc. had her mesmerized! Dad got our (2 year) membership--and we headed for the "little kid area." I have no idea what it's really called, I just know that some super-smart doctor planned this amazing area for kids aged infant to 5 or 6, and I couldn't wait to see it.

I figured it'd be large, but it was HUGE! And it's in the old part of Bicentennial High School (I think that's what it was) with this great light, huge windows, and great view of the river and downtown.

Of course, kids everywhere--but like I said, PLENTY of space, and toys to accommodate the ages and levels of everyone there. Amara just took off going, and exploring, her little head spinning around and going as fast as she could go. Every so often, she'd turn to see if we were "keeping up" with her--but that was about it!

She found familiar things--a level (just like daddy's) and plenty of balls, but also new things too--like this cool bike/trike thing and a fun water table, where she dove right in!

The windows weren't just great for ambiance either, Amara LOVES buildings! We spent a good chunk of time looking at the river and talking about the buildings--and dad caught this shot ( I LOVE ) of her point at them as we talked about all of them.

I'm not sure if we'll ever make it to explore the REST of COSI--but for now, we are all LOVING this experience--and can't wait to go back.

We had passed a dippin' dots stand on the way in (which sounded like a perfect ending to a lot of playing) but it had closed--as we LITERALLY stayed till the "COSI is closing in 15 minutes..." announcement. So, without missing a beat--dad got us a Jr. Frosty from Wendy's, which hit the spot.

That little girl (and us, frankly) played our hearts out--we all enjoyed every second, and I do believe, that is MY new favorite place too--on the way out to the car, Eric said "now Beanie, when we say we're coming to COSI--this is what we mean..." and she echoed "COSI..." so I hope she gets it. If not, we have a SLEW of photos to remind her!

No comments: