Sunday, February 7, 2010

Post-sledding






BRRRRR!

After a cold run outside, what better than hot cocoa and marshmallows, right? Well Amara can tell you--how about strawberries, peaches, apple pie, vegetable soup--just about anything nailed down! She was a little eating machine, to the point of it being comical--though, I should mention this was a swim-class day (earlier in the day) which I think always makes her hungrier...

Grandma Jackie was ready to go with the hot chocolate and marshmallows, even before we got snow-gear entirely off!

I ask you though, is that the smile of a kid having a great time or what?

We played for a little while--it's funny, even though she's there plenty, she goes to her toys like she hasn't seen them in years and it makes me smile (mostly because the toys she loves are largely MY childhood toys, and I think that is sweet)...but we didn't dilly-dally, because I had an idea she'd crash as soon as we could get her home.

Before we knew it, it was getting purple in the sky...and we had a yawning kiddo...once she went to sleep, I KNOW how soundly she slept, and we didn't hear a peep till late this morning. What a great day!

No comments: