Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Mommy Bean day

NOTE: this is out of sequence...this happened in August, but it was just now I realized it never posted :(

While Mrs. Sarah was in Africa, we got to do a lot of fun things with the girls.  That said, I try to do mommy-Bean days with Amara at least a few times a year, so we took advantage of one of these days and went out, just the 2 of us.  We kicked off breakfast at Panera--she loves to "eat inside" at restaurants...though I don't think she was thrilled with the bagel, she enjoyed the concept.

Next, getting our nails done.  Amara wanted to do both fingers and toes and picked out a sparkly silver color.  The gentleman working on her had 2 daughters of his own and put rhinestones in the flowers on her designs. She absolutely loved it!

I was able to sit close enough that I was near, but far enough away to give her space. She watched her DVD and she and the gentleman chatted away most of the time.

We grabbed lunch at Chik-fil-a before going home and she really enjoyed the squeeze applesauce they just added to the menu. I think I bought 4 before we left for the day.

To wrap up the morning, a little crafting at home. She was painting canvases and decided on a bright blue. We mapped off the heart with contact paper and when she was done, she was so proud of it!

I really enjoy my mommy-Bean days with this big girl--I know I won't always get them, but I'm doing my best to show her how much I  cherish her, always.

No comments: