Sunday, December 8, 2013

Pumpkin rolls!

Sick day? They happen--but sick days in November mean crafts and baking--and yes, she was REALLY sick ;)
Matter of fact, I ended up taking her to urgent care around 4, and turns out she has strep (today, on antibiotics, but anyway...

I was home with her on a sick day, and the kitchen was trashed from making pumpkin rolls the night before. She saw it, and insisted on baking with me.  She LOVES to bake with me, and she is especially great at cracking eggs, I must say.

She followed the recipe right along, and in 15 short minutes, it was baked and ready to roll up.

We rolled it up in the towel together and then frosted it just a few minutes later.

Dennis and Randy happened to be here working on leaks that day, so she insisted on giving them each one--she was so proud of herself and shy at the same time.


I love having time with just Beanie, even if it is on a sick day :)  And I really hope she grows to love cooking and baking and housekeeping as much as I do.

No comments: