Thursday, December 25, 2014

new stockings for '14

The 'out with the old, in with the new' wasn't exactly what i was expecting or hoping for this year but it happened, and we dealt with it. As Eric was unpacking a box of decorations, we discovered a snow globe had frozen and rotted several of our beloved decorations. Stockings, tree skirts, angel, all soft and very molded and rotten.

Eric jumped right in to fix-it mode with me and helped me find our patterns, templates, etc. for the stockings I made a year and a half ago, and we all went out and got new fabric together. 

It was actually pretty cool because even though I don't "love" the one i picked for me as much as my first one, the girls and even Eric got to all pick their own fabrics. I took a day off of work and knocked them out for all of us--it was cool to be able to do that and I think everyone is really happy with our new stockings. Even Amara, who was devastated with the loss, is the first one to show everyone her stocking that SHE designed, and I LOVE  that for her.

No comments: