Friday, December 26, 2014

Nutcracker ballet

After attending the Nutcracker ballet rehearsal this year and before, we decided to pull the trigger and finally try taking the girls to the real show. It was at the Ohio Theater and Eric graciously gave up our 4th ticket so mom could go with me and take the girls. Amara had LITERALLY just gotten over a stomach bug that morning and i probably shouldn't have taken her, but she was SO excited...

...we all dressed up (skipped lunch)and headed out in our finest!  I dropped them off--Amara was pretty worn out, but getting inside the theater she immediately perked up. 

We also got to pose with Cinderella as they were promoting and upcoming ballet with her in the Spring--we will see how this one goes :)

As as special treat, we got to meet the sugar plum fairy and mouse king before the performance even started! That was super cool of the ballet to provide and got the girls excited. I grabbed a few waters for them and we headed in to our seats just in time.  We got to see our friends the Stephens' too, who were just a few rows in front of us and going for their first time too!

It was over an hour before the first intermission and the girls were getting antsy, but they LOVED the show. The best for me was when Amara or Cora would tug on my sleeve and tell me they remembered this or that part from the rehearsal. They especially liked the Arabian dancers and the child 'pages' who did a clapping dance/ routine that they remembered and did along with the kids behind us we could also hear.

At intermission, they ravaged anything edible in my purse. Candy, almonds, etc. I was worried about Amara's stomach, but she was fine, and enjoyed all the parts of the candy land in the 2nd half of the show.

At the end, I was so glad we went. It was long, but maybe if we do them with this, they will get used to that. Amara loved sharing grandma's binoculars to really zoom in on the dancers and Cora gave me an aerobic workout sitting on my lap, but it was really, really great.

We hit bob evans for a late lunch together before heading home, and extended our date a little longer. I hope the girls remember this trip--grandma got them both ornaments for the tree this year, so I'm hoping they will always remember their first ballet and the Nutcracker together.

No comments: