Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Sarah speaks

(From Sarah...) 

Sooooo glad you texted me this morning! I obviously totally forgot! I have been sorting and packing about 10 hours for the past few days. Today we have 5 errands we need to run so I thought I would do this first before I forgot again. :) 

Amara- 2014 was a bitter-sweet year. I had the pleasure of spending another six months with Amara. She usually came bounding in with a story to tell. She loved showing me the latest she had learned in gymnastics. I was really able to see her nearly perfect a cartwheel. She loved playing with her friends. Amara loved helping me lead the younger ones for walks, when we went on field trips, or helping me get the kids in and out of the van. She loved playing on the swing set and when I would chase her around the house. A favorite moment that I will cherish was while we were playing a game of hide-and-seek. I hid down in the basement and Amara, Jonathan, and Cora were hunting for me. I loved hearing them talk about what to do next as they got closer and closer. All of a sudden, Amara came around the corner and her eyes got as big as I had ever seen them. She let out the loudest and longest scream and almost tripped over her friends trying to get away. It took almost ten minutes for us all to stop laughing. 

Cora-In the year 2014, Cora went from a toddler to a preschooler. She was the first to give and receive hugs. Cora was very laid back and was flexible when it came to transitioning from one activity to another. She was a very good listener. This year she made a transition to be my little helper. She loved helping me clean up toys, prepare a snack, or help load the car. This year she also became Miss Independent. She really like setting up her own bed, going potty by herself, dressing herself, etc. She was able to transition from being the youngest when she played with Amara and Jonathan and being the oldest when she played with Benjamin, Sloane, and Isaiah. One of my favorite memories that I have with Cora is just simply sitting in the rocking chair and watching cartoons together. I was busy that day running around cleaning, cooking, etc. Cora then asked me to join her. I stopped everything to rock and watch Sesame Street. She helped me remember what was the most important...spending time with her. 

Micki-In that moment with Cora, God reminded me too that it is all that He desires as well ... He longs to spend time with us. :) It is another reason I will not forget that moment. Give the girls hugs and kisses from me! Hope your New Year has gotten off to a great start!!

No comments: